Cause=Time

Quick Hits ::: C=T Interviews Marcus Foster

Photobucket

C=T & photographer extraordinaire Todd Roeth have teamed up again for another addition of Quick Hits. This week, we have caught up with UK singer-songwriter, Marcus Foster. The solo artist is touring behind a a live album and EP. Not to mention appearing on two different soundtracks and having a heartthrob for a bff (my wife thinks he’s pretty dreamy). Needless to say, the guy is very busy and most earnest singer songwriter touring the circuit.

Marcus Thomas – I Don’t Mind [mp3]
Marcus Thomas – Tumble Down [mp3]

C=T : How’s the tour going so far? Did you visit In and Out or Amoeba whilst in Los Angeles?

MF: The tour seems to be going well, people are enjoying the shows, its amazing traveling around and a great way seeing America. I didn’t get the chance to visit In and Out burger although someone gave me a voucher for it but i did get to go to Amoeba which was insane I spent hundreds of dollars in there buying old blues and gospel records from the fifties I could live in that place.

C=T : Best Bob Dylan album to listen to on vinyl?

MF: I haven’t got them all on vinyl just yet but listening to ‘Boots of Spanish Leather’ or ‘One too many Mornings’ off the ‘Times they are a changing’ album is pretty special.

C=T : Your music has been selected on two different occasions to appear in cinema. How do you decide if you want your work to appear in said works?

MF: One of the films had Christopher Walken in it and I’m a big fan of his so I couldn’t say no and it’s a great movie called ‘Five Dollars A Day’. The other film was different because a friend of mine sung the song that I wrote and I didn’t know he recorded it but when I found out I thought why not.I would like to do some more music for film, I like the idea of doing something like Neil Young in that film ‘Dead Man’ where he just watched the film and played his guitar. I also write a lot of instrumental stuff on the piano.

Photobucket

C=T : Who would smoke more cigarettes in one night, Nick Cave or Tom Waits?

MF: In his time of smoking, Tom Waits.

C=T : What are your current recording plans for the rest of the year?

MF: When I get back to London I’m going to put together a band and record some live stuff and maybe cut an album if i find the right musicians or maybe put out a single on itunes I’m not sure. I also plan on returning back to America to do another tour in December if i can work it out.

C=T : Does the English team stand a chance in next year’s World Cup?

MF: There’s nothing like a room full of people filled with false hope.

Photobucket

• Add to Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Yahoo Bookmarklets
  • Technorati

comments RSS

trackback

25 Responses to “Quick Hits ::: C=T Interviews Marcus Foster”

1. Evie
    August 31st, 2009 at 16:18

Lovely article & the pictures are fantastic! I really enjoyed the completely random cigarette smoking & World Cup question. Nice spin on things! Thank you for interviewing Marcus! I think he’s a genius!!

2. Courtney
    August 31st, 2009 at 16:24

Excellent interview with some incredible pictures. Thank you for feeding us some fun information while we wait for that December tour to surface!

-Courtney
    Moderator of The Land of Dreamers

3. NEW Marcus Interview Complete with Adorableness! « Shack of Soul
    August 31st, 2009 at 17:59

[...] Read the entire article and get the free MP3s right here! [...]

4. julio
    August 31st, 2009 at 18:21

Todd is an amazing photographer and I’m luck to work with him on these interviews. Thanks for reading.

5. @FAKEsambradley
    August 31st, 2009 at 18:33

That’s a lovely shirt. I assume I’ll be seeing it on Rob soon?! Hah. Cheers, Cause = Time, for giving my best mate the exposure he deserves.

6. Lady Jane
    August 31st, 2009 at 18:47

What a lovely interview with Marcus & incredible pictures! I’m so glad to see it. He’s an incredibly talented singer/songwriter/musician and I was blessed to see him 3 times this summer.I can’t wait to see where he is going in December, so I can go to a show (shows!), as well as where he is going in his career. Thank you!!!!!!!

7. Zulma
    August 31st, 2009 at 19:01

nice to get confirmation that marcus is indeed coming back to america in december! can’t wait– thanks for a cute interview and even cuter pics! :)

8. Cynthia in KY :)
    August 31st, 2009 at 20:38

You will be seeing and hearing a lot more from this unique and talented artist. Bet your bottom dollar on it!

9. Meghan
    August 31st, 2009 at 22:07

Thank you so much for shining a light on Marcus, he deserves it so much! Great interview, and lovely pictures. It’s about time Marcus puts his face out there…

10. Lesley
    August 31st, 2009 at 22:12

marcus is such a brilliantly talented musician. i saw him live recently and he blew me away with how good he was!! excellent interview, the little random bits were funny!!

11. simplyepic
    September 1st, 2009 at 01:19

Thank you for such a lovely interview with Marcus. He’s an such an talented and unique artist and its great to see him getting the exposure he deserves. Amazing pictures as well.

12. lucyg
    September 1st, 2009 at 03:30

Fun interview, great pictures – Marcus puts on a rocking live show!

13. Tabitha
    September 1st, 2009 at 05:51

Amazing pictures and lovely interview! Marcus is incredibly talented. Thanks for this!

14. Twilight Lexicon » Marcus Foster and Bobby Long on the Road
    September 1st, 2009 at 05:51

[...] Cause=Time has a great interview with Marcus Foster from when he was in L.A. Marcus talks about his music, future plans and England in the World Cup. There are also two songs you can listen while reading the article.  [...]

15. Bandmum1
    September 1st, 2009 at 07:27

Great interview! Love the pics & songs. Hopefully Marcus will come down South this December so we can show him some love!

16. Cyn
    September 1st, 2009 at 08:21

Thanks for helping spread the word about this talented artist.There is so much more to come! and kudos to you for having some good questions that focus on him and not his friend. Time for that to die down and stay down!
    Nothing like a roomful of people filled with false hope LOL great answer
    Todd Roeth’s photography is brilliant, loved the Americanism personal project! Look him up on the web people!

17. Marie in BC, Canada
    September 1st, 2009 at 09:22

Love the article. Love the musician. Thanks for the lovely pictures :-)

18. Cher
    September 1st, 2009 at 14:30

Good interview. I appreciate the varied questions and the photos. Marcus Foster is super talented and I can’t wait to hear his future recordings and especially see him live.

19. CORIVERGIRL
    September 1st, 2009 at 16:30

Great article and lovely images. Marcus is just my favorite thing right now. His voice is mesmerizing and his lyrics ask to me sing along like I am not tone deaf..just an extraordinarily talented musician with tons of potential. Thank you.

20. New Marcus Foster interview with two MP3s Team-Twilight
    September 1st, 2009 at 19:40

[...] Marcus is a cool dude. See the whole article here. [...]

21. Brigitte
    September 1st, 2009 at 21:50

Great article! I know what I am adding to my Santa wish list! Cheers Bobby…you ROCK!

22. Brigitte
    September 1st, 2009 at 21:57

Opppsss!! Hit submit button too quickly….I meant to say…”Marcus and Bobby..YOU ROCK!!! Luv u guys :-p

23. C=T Interviews Marcus Foster « The Rob Stop
    September 2nd, 2009 at 02:26

[...] the rest of the interview, more pics, and a couple songs can be found at the source [...]

24. Thaifer
    September 2nd, 2009 at 12:41

Thanks so much for the great article and the absolutely gorgeous pictures. I’ve seem Marcus preform 5 times and can’t wait until I can do it gain. He is seriously talented and a star on the rise for sure.

25. Juli
    September 9th, 2009 at 09:02

Thanks for a great article on Marcus – nice to see the human side and get to know him a bit better. And for the record, i think Marcus is pretty darn dreamy!
    Dreamers…Eh?